Thursday, June 16, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

Wild strawberry in meadow
   photo by Jonathan Schechter

On this morning after a gentle full moon rain fell to the music of distant thunder a treat from the earth appeared:
The first wild strawberry of the season. 
Sweet. Moist. Fresh!
 A quick walkabout revealed dozens more about to ripen.  This time next week it will be a breakfast of pancakes made from scratch, enhanced with the bounty of nature from a meadow that remains wild.
And some still wonder why I walk my woods and meadows at dawn most every day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Laurie said...

I haven't had a real, wild strawberry for about twenty years! Looks so good. How about freezing a strawberry pancake (or muffin?) for me until the fall?

June 16, 2011 at 8:58 AM 
Blogger Jonathan Schechter said...

Sounds like a plan. I'll ice some away for your trip to the USA

June 16, 2011 at 7:27 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home