Thursday, September 13, 2012

From so simple a beginning----

Lowland gorilla napping at the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, South Carolina
photos by Jonathan Schechter


"--from so simple a beginning endless life forms most beautiful
and most wonderful have been and are being evolved."
 Charles Darwin   The Origin of Species 1859


Those timeless words of Darwin flashed across my mind the moment I saw the gorilla
 comfortably napping on his side on the edge of shady hillside of the zoo in Columbia, S.Carolina.
Why?
A few hours earlier I photographed my great niece Rachel comfortably napping on her side under
 the dining room table of her grandmothers house in Columbia, S.Carolina.

Who can doubt our common ancestry? 
I do not.


My great niece Rachel napping on her side in Columbia, South Carolina

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home