Saturday, May 25, 2013

A moose photo special; with (my) pants down!

All photos by Jonathan Schechter at Superior Provincial Park, Ontario 

In the wild-lands of northern Ontario the folks at Superior Provincial Park offered an open-air
 toilet  at an isolated trailhead where one can sit and attend to their business and
 enjoy the wonders of wild nature.
  My camera was with me; but was not about to be used. 
 I thought I was alone. 

I was not.


And this is where I sat and took in the scenery and  bird song and admired tiny spotted trout lilies
  blooming  near my feet in the shadows of the spruce before setting out on a six mile solo hike.
. A noise caught my attention from the brush in the boreal forest habitat. 
Something was moving. 
And then I saw it about 100 feet away seconds before it saw me.


With my pants still dangling  I moved forward about 20 feet and managed one quick photo. 
The moose turned and was gone in a thunderous crash.
 Life on the latrine does not get any better than this!


2 Comments:

Blogger Slade said...

Awesome! Great pic! Was it beautiful there? Superior Provincial is on my bucket list!

May 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM 
Blogger Jonathan Schechter said...

Slade,

Superior is beautiful in every sense of the word, full of raw radiance and true wildness. Jonathan

May 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home