Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fawn Alarm Clock

photo by Jonathan Schechter, July 14, 2012

My screened porch often becomes the  perfect place to sleep on warm summer nights. No need for air-conditioning to be turned on inside when fresh cool breezes drift in the night air and the whinny of screech owls and  yip and howl of coyotes is background music under the stars.  And for the second morning in a row my "alarm clock" has been a curious fawn that appears in my front yard meadow with her mom to nibble on fallen black walnut leaves, raspberries leaves and wildflowers.
This morning at about 7 am as I loitered a bit on the cot I had a feeling I was not alone.
The fawn was just a few feet away looking at me through the screen.
How did I get the camera ready so quickly?
I had it cot side all night in hopes of capturing an image of the northern lights

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home