Monday, October 8, 2012

SHOCKING NEWS ON A FISHING LURE!!!!

photos by Jonathan Schechter

Warning signs can be helpful advising us of hidden hazards like not using a hair blower in the shower.
I knew that already.  Those that did not know--well, I will not comment beyond "Darwin Award"
Now I know something else that might have saved me from disaster!
A few days ago I was at a trails event and among the items passed out was a popular
 fishing  lure promoting Oakland County and our great outdoors.  
During lunch break I took my leaflets and small items and went outside.
 I was sitting under a sassafras tree rich with fiery orange leaves and was about to sink my teeth into a
turkey sandwich when I happened to flip the bubble wrapped lure over and read  the back of the package.
I am lucky I did. The warning may have saved my life. I was going to eat the fishing lure too.
I discovered that the trebled hooked lure from Eppinger Manufacturing in Dearborn, Michigan is:
"HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED"
Wow! I did not know that!
I wonder if fish know that.


 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send it to Consumer Reports. They post things like this each month in the back page of the magazine

October 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for giving us warning. Its really too dangerous if swallowed. Thanks for sharing it i have bookmarked your internet blog keep uploading more in future for all of us.

Cayos Cochinos

January 9, 2013 at 3:16 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home