Thursday, November 1, 2012

Road, trails and paths at the tail end of autumn.

M-22 in Leelanau County, Michigan  (mid-October 2012)
photos by Jonathan Schechter

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, 
 "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
 is no path and leave a trail."
Those timeless words fueled my wanderlust fever all spring and summer and now that the leaves are
gone from the forests and wildlands of Michigan it will fuel my passion for winter explorations.
But to get to where my on foot journey begins I need to drive. And these two image are from two of my
 favorite roads near Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, my favorite lower Michigan backcountry
camping and hiking destination. Another month or so and I will revisit with cross country skis or
 snowshoes  for the  wonders of nature never end.
And I must answer the call of the woods.

My favorite hidden and drivable backcountry road near Sleeping Bear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home